Saturday, May 14, 2011

Technology in the classroom

Yesterday was the seniors' last day in my school district.  Having a number of seniors in two of my classes I decided we would have a little "senior send-off soiree."  On Thursday we planned what food was going to be brought and by whom.  In one class, one of the senior ladies decided we needed to be very organized about this endeavor.  She took to the board and started listing each student's name and then asking them what they would be bringing.  Once the list was completed I was about to suggest they each write down what they were to bring.  Before I could even open my mouth, the "list maker" reached in her pocket, pulled out her cell phone (gun-slinger style) and snapped a picture of the list and said "Check out my status on Facebook later guys, it will be on there, so there are no excuses for not remembering what to bring!"  She further said that if they were "friends" on Facebook, she would tag them in the list.

I must say that this is not an example I ever thought of as to how technology is used in the classroom.  I got to confess, I thought it was pretty great, and just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment